Zuma's Revenge Tips and Strategies
· Your main goal is to fill up your Zuma Meter as fast as possible, which you do by earning points. There are four ways to earn extra points: hit a spinning coin with a ball; create a gap and shoot through it to collapse balls farther away on the spiral; collapse balls in a chain, which means eliminating balls on each shot for several shots in a row; and create a combo, which is where taking out one group of three or more balls brings together another group.
· Remember the button on the frog’s back shows the next ball you’ll have to shoot. Don’t forget that you can use the space bar to switch the ball currently in its mouth with that one.
· Some levels have more than one lily pad for the frog, and you can click on an empty one to move your frog there. This is a fine way to get access to balls you might not be able to get to from another pad!
· Nest groups of balls to set up a combo. For instance, in the center of your combo -- the part you’ll blow up -- you might have two red balls with two green on either side, and on either side of the green, clumps of yellow balls. Train your eye to spot these patterns already on the board.
· Don’t get too focused on eliminating the balls near the skull drain or drains. Remember, the balls push from the back, so anywhere you can interrupt the line, you can buy yourself time. Also, if you create a gap with balls of the same color on either side of it, the balls attract each other, pulling the forward part of the chain backward.
· After you’ve filled the Zuma Meter, look to see if you can eliminate all balls of a certain color from the chain. The frog will not spit out balls of any color that aren’t on the board, and you can make the game much simpler by decreasing the number of colors in play.